Collaboration, Planning & Partnership (CP &P)
The Department has three divisions:
• Collaboration and Commercial Services Division
• Planning, Monitoring and Procurement Services Division
• Public Affairs and Trade Facilitation Division
The functions of the department are as follows:
- Overall responsibility for planning all NAQS project and programmes including: • Needs assessment
- Data Banking
• Collect, collate, analyze, process, store and retrieve data for strategies/development planning
• Processing planning
• Financial planning
• Management of ICT
- Liaison with external organization towards attracting necessary synergy required for optimum growth and performance of NAQS.
- Promote and coordinate international cooperation, information exchanges and technology development relating to animal, plant and aquatic disease and pest control quarantine
- Lead the preparation of NAQS capital budget in relation to NAQS strategic development plan.
- Embark on monitoring and evaluation of all NAQS project, programmes, and contracts etc. to ensure proper implementation.
- Afford liaison service among the various Departments and units including zones and stations.
- Encourage collaborative relationship between NAQS and internal and external bodies, agencies and organizations with common interest, towards building synergy for NAQS. Such bodies include FAO, WHO, OIE, Codex Alimentarius, IPPC etc.
- Develop partnership arrangement with persons, corporate and non-corporate organizations to promote NAQS commercial interests locally and internationally.
- Collaboration with security agencies at the ports: immigration, Customs, NAFDAC, SON etc.
- Enhance publicity of NAQS activities
• Assets/Resource Inventory nationwide
• Finance planning through leading the capital budgeting preparation and implementation process.
Mr. Onukwuba C.N ; Dr. Kukwi K.P.; Mrs. Ukpai I; Mr. Asotun V